Day 1 - A Beautiful if Chilly Ride to Cal Academy in San Francisco


My day had a great start -- I bought banana's at Zanotto's my neighborhood grocery store and they wished me well!


When I got to San Francisco, I gave a talk at the Sea Lion Center of the Aquarium of the Bay.



And then another talk to volunteers and staff at the California Academy of Sciences. Bill Patterson, a classmate of mine, was instrumental in raising funds to create the awesome new and very green Academy.



My ride today was about 60 miles and not very much climbing yet. My Day 4 ride will probably be my most challenging one of my entire trip as it has the most climbing (about 5900 feet) and over 70 miles with my fully loaded touring bike (which weighs in at a little over 100 lbs).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis