Day 13 - Alpine to Pine Valley

This was a very full day. First I was interviewed live at San Diego CBS Channel 8 News. They were inspired by my mission to talk with people across the US about what we need to do to save the life support system for our spaceship Earth as well as my bicycling zero waste role model. They heard about me because I did a talk at the Alpine Public Library -- libraries rock! Here is a shout out to Jenne the branch manager there! 



I used my own bowls, cutlery, and water bottle...


...rather than all the disposable plastic that our hotel provided for breakfast. All it takes is a little forethought and you can avoid using disposables for a few minutes that will pollute our environment for thousands of years!


I picked up a Bud Light can from the side of the road. I am picking up at least one piece of trash every day of my ride to leave each place cleaner than when I arrived. If everyone did this, we would eliminate litter along our roads.


There were many butterflies along our ride.


And we ran across a cool art gallery.


And met a spoon artist.


The Pine Valley Library was cute.


It had a compact children's area in which I talked to kids and parents about saving our planet for our kids.


Some of the kids wanted to take a picture with me and Olivia, my sea turtle mascot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis