Day 17 - Dateland to Gila Bend

There were quite a few large black beetles walking around the desert.



My bike before it got reloaded with all my panniers. We camped in Dateland.


Here I am standing tall at sunrise.


Made a call from a classic telephone booth.


Convinced the local pizza hut person to serve me a pizza in my own container rather than their disposable cardboard and plastic ones.


Yes it is an a plastic bag, but wow are these good dates!


Ken and me all loaded up and ready to ride.


It was a beautiful day to bike and we saw more wildflowers.


In Gila Bend we ate at the Space Age restaurant. Service was super slow (an hour+ to get our order) but the food was good.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis