Day 24 - Deming to Las Cruces

Farewell to Deming in the distance...


Despite the numerous signs not to litter.


There sure is a lot of trash along the roads :-(


But the open highway beckoned and away we rode...


With Olivia, my sea turtle, in the lead.


Here is my traveling zero waste kit. It is easiest to use at local establishments because they are more flexible and more interested in accommodating customer requests.


This part of New Mexico is very flat as shown by the tracks and the road I biked.



I've had 3 flats so far (!) -- all caused by big trucks. No they did not run me over, but their tire debris is everywhere on major highways. The little wires from broken tires create lots of flats for bicyclists. While riding interstates may seem dangerous, it is one of the safest places to ride because motor vehicles are separated from the bikeable shoulder by rumble strips. 




Here is Olivia and my bike at the Rio Grande in Las Cruces. Yep that is one dry river.


As before, I tend to arrive in a town at sun down. Las Cruces has some great mountain views!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis