Day 20 - rest day in Tucson

My new friend Debra Colonader, the Director of Conservation Education and Science at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, showed us around a bit and we talked about Zero Waste and the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act.


Ken's sister and brother in-law also enjoyed the museum.


I grew some big bat ears there.


And touched a 5+ billion old rock -- older than our earth or sun.


Beautiful views and cacti.



And lots of humming birds.



I made another new friend - Buell Jannuzi, a classmate I had not met in person yet who also went to grad school with my cousin Sally Oey.


I also restocked a bit with a Zero Waste shop at Wholefoods.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis