Day 23 - Lordsburg to Deming

During the first part of my ride, it was barely above freezing and snowing! The first 20 miles was tough with snow/rain and significant headwinds.


Luckily I bumped James & Vince, 2 bicyclists riding a modified version of the Adventure Cycling Southern Tier Route. I somehow forgot to pack a presta-schrader adapter and they gave me one of their spares -- a godsend since my pump had broken the prior day.


Here I am crossing the Continental Divide! Luckily the final 40 miles had only light headwinds and the rain stopped.


Take a look at all the trash bag flowers littering this landscape. New Mexico needs a bag ban.


Saw some nice vistas while entering Deming.




I cast a long shadow as I rode into town at sundown.



There were lots of agricultural fields around Deming.


And apparently it is the county seat as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis