Day 28 - rest day in Roswell

Since my hosts Rick and Peggy were working that day, I rode into Roswell to check it out.


I stopped at the Stellar Coffee Co and it was indeed a stellar cafe! Great tea and coffee selection and a variety of food options. Over the course of several hours while catching up on email, etc, I had tea, a salad, and a breakfast burrito.




I also bumped into a group of local pastors (including a couple of Presbyterians) who get together regularly. They supported my quest to keep our world clean and beautiful for our kids and wished me well.


Later I visited the Boys & Girls Club of Roswell to give a talk to the kids there.


A local news reporter also showed up to see what was up.


All the kids were super excited about what I was doing and had tons of questions. A helper gave out dried pineapple pieces to each kid who raised his hand to ask a question. Below are the older kids (the younger ones left before we took this picture).


I dropped by the International UFO Museum too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis