Day 38 - Tulsa to Vinita OK

Jim, my Warmshowers host in Tulsa, is a bicycling entrepreneur working on telemedicine. He made oatmeal and a great omelet for me for breakfast and then wished me well as I left.



After biking through some nice neighborhoods, I ended up on another Tulsa bike trail.


I and some joggers easily dodged around some trail closed signs.


It is great when trails include interesting sculptures.


This trail even had an animal adoption facility on it.



A bit further I encountered some volunteers cleaning up the path and nearby park.




Home Depots are one of the best places for bicyclists to stop for a potty break because they are open long hours and no one hassles you when you roll your bike inside.


Hoping back on Route 66...


...I encountered a Route 66 Nissan dealer.


And then ventured off of 66 to enjoy more Oklahoma bike trails.





My GPS instructions said to continue on this trail.


Again I had to walk a grassy footpath to bridge the gap between paved trail and the next street.


Here is a truck lending a helping hand to keep a power pole from falling over.


On route 66 again, the road paralleled a rail line.



Spunky Creek...


... was pretty placid today.


Alas the route had some road kill -- 2 mallard ducks... 


...a few opossums plus more skunks.



In Claremore, Sunna saw my ZeroW.org URL on the back of my yellow vest, checked it out, and wanted some pictures with me as she loved my website.


While I had a pretty steady and cold headwind most of the day, at least this part of the ride was on a smooth, wide, clean shoulder.



There are a lot of Dollar General stores in the area.


Here is one of the original Route 66 bridges.




More cows.


And at last I'm in Vinita to meet my host for the evening from CouthSurfing.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis