Day 51 - Bloomington IN rest day

Bloomington Indiana is a great biking town! I was here for a rest day so I could do some presentations.

First I rode down their wonderful B-Line Trail. What an awesome rail trail!!!


So smooth and level.


With a nice turtle pond.


Where I met Paula and Bob who are turtle lovers and active environmentalists. They share my passion for keeping our world clean, healthy and beautiful! It is great to meet so many engaged people on my ride!



Nice bridge taking bikes and peds over a roadway.


Directional signage is important for bicyclists. I wish more cities would do this it is very helpful.


Many modern and colorful houses have their front gates directly on the B-Line trail in Bloomington. How cool is that!!!!




After going over another bridge...


...I arrived at WonderLab!


The WonderLab museum is a fantastically engaging place for kids and adults.


My talk was well received with lots of questions and a few from my of the audience posed for a picture afterwards.


Many thanks to Samantha who helped organize this talk.


Also along Bloomington's trails are lots of works of art. Public art is great!



When you run into serious cargo bikes, you know you are in a serious bicycling town.


Bloomington has a great downtown.


Yet some tourists spend all their time looking at their phones. Hmmm...


Now this place has some Darn Good Soup!




While they normally serve into disposables :-(, they do allow people to use their own reusables :-)


While there I had a great chat with Mark who used to work for as a scientist for the USDA. We need more scientists and people who appreciate and understand science. Science made our country great.


Later I did a talk at the Pourhouse Cafe. "If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way." - Martin Luther King, Jr. 

Like him and Johnny Appleseed, I keep plugging away and planting idea seeds across our country hoping they will sprout and grow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis