Day 52 - Bloomington to Columbus IN

While I missed many thunderstorms earlier in my trip (luckily in a house sleeping through them), I did ride through some rain today with thunder and lightning nearby. Glad there were many trees so I was not the tallest thing around :-)

It was cool but there are many beautiful neighborhoods in Bloomington as I started my ride that day.





Loved the trees blossoming.


At a flooded wood outside Bloomington...


...I encountered a Gatorade bottle...


...that was on the verge of the flooded creek...


...as well as a Cheetos bag. We must, must, must stop the rampant use of disposable plastics!!!


Later I passed a Dance Barn!


At a Subway in Nashville (Indiana), I had the pleasure of meeting Susi and Dan. They agree we need to do more to protect our world and environment for our kids.


Loved this smooth road with a wide shoulder and bicycle sign as I rode through the rain.


A patriotic house with nice blooms.


At a pizza place in Columbus I bumped into Chad and we talked about climate change and plastic pollution.


Columbus IN has some great bike trails with good architecture as well as public art.






I watched carefully to make sure I did not run over any turtles.


Many times I run into signs that warn me not to proceed.


But I usually proceed anyway to see what I will see.


And just ran into a bit of water but no real trail closure I could find.


The trail was beautiful.


And bordered by many little white flowers.


Later I passed a park with many trees and more flowers.


And many nice houses.





Until I reached my Warmshowers host for the evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis