Day 41 - Springfield to Mansfield MO

It was great to stay with my cousin Roger and his wife Bonnie -- such wonderful relatives!


My ride was chilly at the start. Early on I happened upon this picturesque scene.


Where I met some watershed advocates from the Watershed Center.



Swans.


I rode many smooth country roads with no traffic today.


Past some very nice houses.


And an unfortunate cat. :-(


And a field of PV panels.


Also encountered a portion of the Cherokee Trail of Tears.


More smooth country roads.


Swooped by some cows.


Climbed through an idyllic woodland.


Here is a 30 second video of some of the bird sounds I heard here.


Shortly there after, I ran out of pavement. :-(


At least this bumpy dirt/gravel road was not that long. But I ran across more gravel segments throughout the day.



After entering Fordland.


I stopped at this cafe for a big lunch.



It is sad to see some people living with lots of trash.


Not far from Mansfield I encountered a buggy share the road sign.


Then got passed by a buggy.


This building sure looks sturdy and tornado resistant.


Glad 4-Hers are cleaning up our world.



I stayed at a great B&B in Mansfield.


And enjoyed a blueberry-pineapple smoothie there.




At the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum there was a Monarch butterfly info station.


A great new trail connected the new museum to the Ingalls Ranch house and the Rock house.









Here are some pictures of my room at the Weaver Inn.




Then I crossed the town common...


...to visit Sweet Nellie's for dinner...


...where I met Butch and Debbie. Butch works for 3-4 month stints at sea as a cook's helper on ocean surveying ships. He had just gotten back for a 2 month break.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis