Day 71 - around Washington DC

Friday May 3, Biked 20 miles. Total mileage by end of day: 4080.

Warm and humid all day.

Started with a tour of the Capitol where I visited the rest room. The water is not drinkable in the bathrooms due to old lead pipes (which is in the process of being fixed).


Here I am at Ro Khanna's office.


David Perez gave me a great tour of the Capitol building!






Kevin Fox and I discussed how best to address climate change, reduce plastic, build the cost of pollution into the cost of products, and improve bicycle parking around Washington DC. I wasn't able to ride my bike to these meetings because of a lack of good bike parking for my bike -- I have too many attachments that are removable.


I find it interesting to see what kinds of bikes are locked up outside and with what kinds of locks.


Sweetgreen is an excellent restaurant that knows where all of its food comes from!



Here I am in Metro Central catching the train back to Friendship Heights.


This poor dragonfly was found stunned on the sidewalk in Friendship Heights. He is big at about 4 inches long.


I then got back on my bike to ride around DC. I gave my 180th talk at the George M Ferris Boys and Girls Club.



Olivia also visited the Petworth Library...


...and some local artwork.


There is so much discarded plastic in cities :-(


I wish Tropicana would not create so much trash!


Later Olivia and I rode by the African American Museum.


A festival on the National Mall


Olivia looms large near the Washington Monument.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis