Day 90 - Wareham to Osterville MA

Wednesday May 22, Biked 26 miles. Total mileage by end of day: 4758. 

Warm & sunny -- great bicycling weather!

Tom and Deena are absolutely incredible WarmShowers.org hosts! They provided a bed, dinner, and breakfast for me even though they were also hosting a WorkAway woman from Italy for a few weeks, 2 foreign exchange students, and a domestic student doing research at Woods Hole. Wow! Now that's hospitality! Tom and The Wareham Land Trust hosted a talk for me at the Wareham Free Library next door to their house. A fantastic and environmentally aware audience participated in my Passion for Zero Waste presentation.

Also check out Tom's awesome Spidey bike jersey!


Passed some elegant churches on my way out of Wareham.



Then down a country highway.


Met photographers Matt and Craig at Marc Anthony's, a local pizza place in Onset, MA.


Marc, the owner, was quite a character. He thinks burning plastic is the best option and that everything should be made of hemp. He didn't want me to take a selfie with him. His lobster bisque was awesome -- the best I've had in recent memory -- lots of lobster!


"Take time to sit by the sea"


Beautiful and peaceful harbor view.


Some of the houses looking out on that same view.


Further down the road, there was this house with pretty flowers.


Happy to hop on the Cape Cod Canal trail between the Bourne and Sagamore bridges.


Lots of people enjoying the trail, water, and sunshine.


I gave a rolling version of my Save Our Seas talk to Barbara and Maureen while bicycling along the trail. :-)


The sidewalk and bike path up over the Sagamore bridge.


Olivia checks the bridge out. It was a bit acrophobic riding on this sidewalk because the bars on the left blurred away while bicycling by and it was a very, very, very long way down on the left as well as a 3 foot drop on the right to the roadway. While in college I crossed this bridge just by taking the lane with traffic.


Awesome view from on high of the Cape Cod Canal.


A classic sight when crossing the Sagamore.


Then down 6a away from the bridge.


Glad to get on a quieter country highway on the Cape.



Stopped to Dexter's Grist Mill in Sandwich MA for a picture and to switch out the signs on my bike. After my engaging chat with Marc, I was feeling sassy.  :-)  


Then back onto local roads on my way to Osterville.


Dropped by my sister-in-law Corinne's house.


Bert the cat purred with attention at my brother-in-law Mark's house.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis