Day 93 - Plymouth to Wellesley MA

Saturday May 25, Biked 48 miles. Total mileage by end of day: 4911. 

Warm & sunny.

Back on the road, I passed over a railroad bridge.


And down some peaceful country roads.


Past some pretty houses with flags and big lawns.


Alas, I found quite a bit of trash next to a pond. Disposable single use plastic is deadly to wildlife. I picked up this lid from Dart and put it in the trash.



At the pond, a kayaker had just finished his morning paddle.


This brood of ducklings was cute as it swam away from me first in a neat line than in a bunch.



I stopped for a second breakfast at the Olde Hitching Post in Hanson.



The North River Collaborative School had dozens and dozens of minivan school busses.



The Kelliher Bros Oil company building was a bit burned out but still seemed operational.


This newly paved road was so smooooth!


Passed the Holbrook library.


Now headed toward Stoughton.


When I bike, I love stopping at local ice cream shops. Daddy's Dairy did not disappoint. I had some Extreme Chocolate in a cone (so I eat my container rather than creating trash).



After this snack, I biked by a nursery selling many colorful flowering plants.


In the beautiful Blue Hills Reservation, I came across an ugly Poland Springs purse-sized disposable water bottle. We must stop using these! Such a waste of money and resources.


Let's all become Loraxes and speak for the trees. So many beautiful green trees at Blue Hills!





I could not resist watching a bit of soccer at a youth game along the way.


I biked through the town center in Needham MA.


Now in Wellesley, my route went down a peaceful biking and walking path in Fuller Brook Park.



At last I arrived at my classmate Tod's house for the evening. His house is at the top of a very steep but thankfully short hill.


Tod, Margaret, and Tod's dad John loved Oliva!


I stayed in a marvelous aquarium room -- very fitting for my cross country Save Our Seas ride :-)


If you are reading this, please also see ZeroW.org and donate to my Climate Ride! I'm living Zero Waste and bicycling 5000 miles across the US to talk with people about saving our planet. All funds raised go to 4 bicycling organizations and the Union of Concerned Scientists. Real science gave us all our modern miracles and is crucial for our survival. Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis