Day 76 - Baltimore to North East MD

Wednesday May 8, Biked 46 miles. Total mileage by end of day: 4191. 

Coolish and cloudy.

Nice to see Baltimore has quite a bit of back in diagonal parking. Much safer for bicyclists and motorists.


Rode trails through a park.


Then onto the open road. Luckily it had wide shoulders mostly.


This is a weird and somewhat dangerous bike lane.


Disposable plastic water bottles are sinful -- corporations make huge amounts of money bilking ignorant customers.


McDonalds is one fo the top polluters in the US!


Down to one lane on Route 40 so I had to take the lane.


Here is the traffic I'm controlling behind me. They just had to wait.





I've been on and off Route 40 at other parts of the US.





Olivia is all set to cross the bridge.


Biking over the Havre de Grace bridge.




Their posted PDF said it was ok to ride over between 9 & 3 weekdays. But the toll attendant said it was not ok. When I went back and looked at my pictures I finally was able to read the small print on their signs. Very confusing. Well I have a tradition of riding over this bridge regardless. Last time was in 1983 :-)


The Port House Grill had great crab cakes!



And great homemade ice cream too!


Stopped briefly at a local library.


Sue Ellen, my Warmshowers.org host for the evening, had a couple of very nice cats.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis