Day 87 - Pawcatuck CT to Kingstown RI

Sunday May 19, Biked 36 miles. Total mileage by end of day: 4657. 

Warm and sunny and tailwind.

Rob and his family are fans and so am I.


Here is Rob, Stacey, and Molly their dog.


Passing through Pawcatuck, I appreciated their sharrows on their low speed main street.


Then got out onto a country road with little traffic.


A section of it had pretty stone fences and houses with big yards.






I went over the northeast high speed rail line a number of times on this short riding day.


Here is Olivia looking ahead from her perch on my front rack.


It is so sad to find trash along a pretty woodland road.



Just as my stomach was grumbling, I stumbled upon Bon Bon Appetit. From talking to other patrons I learned that people travel great distances to get food from this little roadside shop.


Bon Bon Appetit was able to serve me near zero waste with clam chowder in my own bowl and 3 clam rolls in a pit of paper.


Mary and Bonnie the owner were very friendly :-)


After leaving my lunch stop, I biked by a cute neighborhood with many nice houses.








I thought the architecture of this church was interesting.


Some kids at this skate park were curious about my bike and ride across the US.


At Biomes Marine Biology Center in Kingstown RI, there was a little spot for my bike to park.


Olivia met Darwin their Sulcata tortoise. Darwin was ambling laps up and down his enclosure and munching on hay.


The sea horses were cute.


And the Lion Fishes regal. Lion fish are an invasive species in the Atlantic.


This is "Jabba" the toadfish.


Olivia admired their Spadefish...


...as well as a pretty Townsend Anglefish


Their ferret was extremely excited to see Olivia and bounced all over her.


Aquariums are great places to see what is happening underwater as well as learn how to protect our seas. I highly recommend that everyone visit aquariums and learn more about our world.


This aquarium is great for kids and families with its picnic tables right near their tanks.


It has many touch pools and exhibits where you can get very close to the action.



It was super cool to see a puffer fish in action!


I showed Kim and Stacey my Save Our Seas presentation and they were impressed by my Zero Waste efforts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ride Around Finland

Day 81 - Long Branch NJ to Brooklyn NY

Day 46 - Byrnes Mill to St Louis